Analysis Bands let you quickly identify how students did on assignments by color coding their scores in your main grade book window. This article show you how to set up your own analysis bands or use the district provided one.
Prefer Video Instructions? Click here!
Analysis bands give you a quick visual representation of how your students are doing on their assignments. Rather than having to look at individual assignment scores, you can see how students generally did by checking the colors on your grade book screen. This lets you quickly identify students or assignments with low scores.
1. Click on the "Filters & Options" button.
2. On the "filters & options" window, look for the analysis bands pulldown menu. To use the district band, select "Perf. Band 1" and you are done. The district band is set up as follows:
1. Open the "Filters & Options" area. Click on the "edit bands" link. A new floating window will appear.
2. Click on the "+ NEW" button.
3. Give your new band a descriptive name and click the "INSERT" button.
4. If "Perf. Band 1" is still selected, click on your new band to select it. You will see a "No band details yet" message. Click the "+ NEW" button on the far right side of the window to add a new band range. Use wording that makes sense to you for your ranges: low/medium/high, does not meet/close to meeting/meeting/exceeds etc. You are not limited to 3 ranges.
5. In the example below, I have already created three band ranges and am editing my last range, "Not Meeting."
An example of a complete analysis band setup. The numbers above are for example purposes only and are not intended as a recommendation.
6. Click the "INSERT" link when you are done editing.
7. To edit an existing range, hover your mouse over its row and click on the edit icon. Click the "Save" button when done editing.
8. Click the X in the top right corner of the floating window to close it.
8. To see your new performance band, you will need to log out and back in to TeacherVUE.
9. Select your new performance band from the "Filters & Options area to see it in action.