How to transfer scores when a student moves to a different section taught by the same teacher.
The grade book provides a process for transferring student assignment scores when a students moves to a different section taught by the same teacher. This article will walk you through the process.
Important: This process will only work if the student was properly "end dated" from the original class. If the student was deleted from the class, their assignment scores are gone.
1. Open TeacherVUE and go to the section the student is entering.
2. Go to the Grade Book menu and select the "Student Score Transfer" menu item.
3. On this screen, you will see three pulldown menus: "Copy From Class," "To Class" and "Student." You will see all of your classes listed here, including from previous terms. The "Student" menu will read <<No Matching Students>> until you select from and to sections that match the move made by the student. Once you see <<Select>> in the student pulldown menu, select the student whose scores you want to transfer, or select the "All Matching Students" option.
4. In the "Assignments" area you will see a list of "copy from" assignments from the student's original class and the assignments in the destination class that the grade book believes match. Review this information and use the pulldown menus to:
Matching assignments found in the target grade book.
Matching assignment not found in target grade book. Since the "Add Assignment" option is selected, a new assignment
will be created based on the source grade book.
5. After reviewing the list of assignments, click the "Copy Student Scores" button. Review the confirmation message and click the "Continue With Copy" button.
6. Return to the main grade book screen and confirm that the scores have transferred.