How to make sure that a student receives a score of zero when you enter the "missing" comment for the assignment.
This article will show you how to make sure that students will receive a score of zero when you enter the "Missing" comment code (Mi) for the assignment.
1. Go to Grade Book → Grade Book Setup → Grade Book Settings tab.
2. At the very bottom of the page, check the "Display rubric score types as text field on Enter Scores screen" box. This will allow the zeros to display (and therefor not be cleared out) on the enter scores screen.
1. From the Grade Book menu select the "Grade Book Setup" menu item.
2. On the Grade Book Setup screen, click on the "Grade Book Comments" button in the button bar.
3. On the Grade Book Comments screen, look at the "Missing" comment row. If the "Not Scored Value" column is empty for the "Missing" comment, as pictured below, you will need to edit the comment to add the zero.
4. Mouse over the "Missing" comment row and click on the pencil icon to enter edit mode.
5. In the "Not Scored Value" column, enter a zero.
6. Click the green "Save" button.
7. The screen should refresh and you should see a zero under the "Not Scored Value" column for the "Missing" comment.
8. Return to your main grade book screen. If you are not displaying comment codes, turn this on from the "Filters & Options" screen.
9. Re-enter the "Mi" comment code for all students that don't have a zero with the missing (Mi) comment code.
10. Save your changes.