Google Meet is a Google service that allows for virtual meetings & chat. This article shows you how to start or join a Meet.
|Google Hangouts? Hangouts Meet? Google Meet?|
Google Meet, Also called
"Hangouts Meet" in some places
|Not used in TTSD, Use Google Meet instead.||The video conferencing service we use to connect with students and other staff members.|
Google Meet sessions (i.e. Conferencing) are a great way to connect with others who are far away. "Meets" are virtual meetings (for up to 100 attendees) that allow you to see and hear one another, share screens, chat and even record your sessions. Google Meet is available for all TTSD staff and students at this time.
Details for appropriate use of Google Meets can be found here: TTSD Communication Guidelines, page 5.
1. Open calendar.google.com using your TTSD account.
2. Create a new calendar event:
3. Click "Save." You will be prompted to send the invite by email.
4. You may get a warning about "inviting guests from outside your organization." This is because students are not on the ttsd.k12.or.us domain and is fine. Click "Invite external guests."
5. Student will receive a calendar invite via email. It will also show up for them on meet.google.com and in the iPad Meet App. See picture below.
Chromebooks - Web based
1. Visit meet.google.com in your browser.
2. You will see a list of your upcoming meets for the day. Open the Meet by clicking on the name.
3. If prompted, click "Accept" to give Google Meet access to your microphone and your camera.
4. Click "Join now"
iPads - Meet App
1. Open the Meet app on your iPad.
2. You will see upcoming Meets at the bottom of your screen. You may need to swipe up to see them.
3. Tap the "Join" button on the far right.
4. If prompted, click "Accept" to give Google Meet access to your microphone and your camera.
See the "Teacher Resources for Digital Learning" document for more information