Google Meet is a Google service that allows for virtual meetings & chat. This article shows you how to start or join a Meet from within Canvas.
Google Meet sessions (i.e. Conferencing) are a great way to connect with others who are far away. "Meets" are virtual meetings (for up to 100 attendees) that allow you to see and hear one another, share screens, chat and even record your sessions. Google Meet is available for all TTSD staff and students at this time.
Details for appropriate use of Google Meets can be found here: TTSD Communication Guidelines, page 5.
1. Open TTSD Canvas (http://ttsd.instructure.com) using your TTSD account.
2. Click Calendar.
3. Create a new Canvas calendar event (Click "+"):
5. Student will receive a Canvas calendar notification via email and will will appear on their Canvas calendar.
6. You will need to "Admit" students to the meet, thus please show up 5-10 min early to your Meeting to begin admitting students to the event.
Chromebooks - Web based
2. Click Calendar to find event. Open Event. Click "Join Google Meet" link within Event window.
3. If prompted, click "Accept" to give Google Meet access to your microphone and your camera.
4. Click "Join Meet"
iPads - Canvas Student App
1. Open the Canvas Student app on your iPad.
2. Click "Calendar" icon along the bottom of the Canvas Student app.
3. Find event/day. Tap Event. Click "Join Google Meet" link within Event window.
4. If prompted, click "Accept" to give Google Meet access to your microphone and your camera.
5. Students will need to be admitted.