Year-End Checklist: Teachers, Computers & Carts
Created on 05/28/2015
Modified on 06/07/2018
A checklist for teachers, listing tech "to-dos" for the end of the year. Important information on passwords, devices and phones.
- Backup Your Important Files
- Protect/Remember Your Password
- Computer/device security over the summer.
- If you are planning to take your laptop, Chromebook or iPad home over the summer, please make sure the device has been successfully checked out to you by checking your account in Destiny (our library system). You are responsible for its safety and security.
- Store Your Teacher Devices Securely
- If you are not planning on taking your computer/iPad home for the summer, please make sure it is stored in a secure place and communicate this location to your school office - check with your main office or school library staff for specific locations (ie special locked cabinet, library, office area, etc.)
- Carts of Student Devices
- Please store labs of Macbooks, laptops, iPads, Chromebooks & iPods in carts provided and LEAVE THEM IN YOUR CLASSROOM (unless otherwise instructed by your school main office). Ensure:
- SHUTDOWN student devices
- Plug devices into power supply within the cart
- Plug carts into the wall (and make sure cart power is ON)
- Lock carts
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the cart's location & location of the key (or lock combination).
- Damaged Equipment and Repairs
- Make sure any computer equipment in need of repair has a Tech Request placed before the end of the school year, so we can address any issues well before next Fall.
- Set an Away Message on Your Phone