How to schedule an assessment, have your students take the assessment, and then view the results.
The synergy assessment module provides many supports to assist teachers and their Student Achievement Teams including:
1. From the new "Assessment" menu, select "Assessment Grid."
2. Type the assessment name in the filters area and hit the green "apply filters" button.
3. If your assessments are "grouped," adjust the two pulldown menus as pictured below.
4. On the assessment you want, click on the "options" pulldown menu (pictured above) and select "Schedule"
5. Set student options for this schedule of the assessment. Most of the options below are self explanatory. Hover your mouse over the icon for more detailed information on each option. Do not check the "Require Secure Browser" checkbox.
6. Use the accommodations pulldown menu to select accommodations that will be available for all students taking this assessment. You will be able to add accommodations for individual students after assigning the assessment to a section, described in step 10 below.
7. If you would like the assessment to generate assignment scores (all grades) and standards scores (secondary teachers) in your grade book, check the "Connect Grade book" option and adjust the assignment settings as desired. Be sure to select at least one grading period.
8. Set the date & time range as desired by clicking the orange buttons.
9. Click the green "+ Add a Section" button to select your classes. In the floating window that appears, click the green + to schedule the assessment for that section. Click away from the floating window to close it. You will see the sections you selected.
10. Click the green "Save" button near the top right to save your schedule. You will now see your classes in the bottom "Student Access" area. Clicking on the class name will cycle through the access options for the whole class. Click the + to set access for individual students. This is useful for students you know will be absent or students who need a separate modified version of the assessment. Use the pulldown menus to set accommodations for individual students and (optionally) the green box to set the selected accommodations as a default for the student.
Click Save again to save your changes.
Student 2 has three accommodations set. Clicking the green box with the up arrow would set these accommodations as a global default for the student in future assessments.
11. If you set the status to "Paused" in step 3 above, visit the assessment dashboard when you are ready to give the assessment. Click the "options" menu and select "Resume Assessment"
1. Have students log in to StudentVUE, either on the computer or on an iPad that has the StudentVUE app.
2. In the "Assessment" area, students will see a list of available assessments along with the name of the teacher that scheduled the assessment. Clicking on the assessment name will open the assessment.
3. Click the green "Start" button.
4. If you chose to allow navigation, students will see "previous" and "next" buttons. If not, only the next button will appear.
5. Make sure the student submits the assessment after answering the last question.
5. After submitting, if the assessment was set up to provide this access, the student will see a summary of their results. They will have the opportunity to review, but not change, any questions they got wrong. Students will not see the correct answer unless you opted to grant this feedback. If you opted to include the assessment in your grade book, a new assignment with the assessment name will be generated as soon as a student takes the assessment. Their scores will be entered as follows.