How to attach a document to a student's record so teachers can access this information electronically. Typical documents include: 504 Documents, Health Management Plans, and TAG Documents.
For users with the proper access, this article describes how to attach a document to a student record. Attached documents will show on the SIS side as well as in TeacherVUE. The following document types are the most frequently attached to a student record:
For the instructions below, we use a 504 document as our example.
1. On the student screen, click on the "Documents" tab
2. On the documents tab, click the "Add" button.
3. A new window will open prompting you to locate the file for upload. Verify you have named the file using the conventions listed above and correct if necessary before uploading.
4. You will get a confirmation that the upload was successful. Almost done! The Doc Category is highlighted in green, indicating that it needs to be set.
5. Set the appropriate Doc Category (504, Health Plan, or TAG) using the pulldown menu. Please do not skip this step! Click Save.
On their seating chart, teachers will see icons for the different notification types. Key to icons.
Clicking on the icon will bring up a message showing them how to access the document.
Teachers will click on the student picture and select "Student" to open the student screen. They will then select the documents tab.
Clicking on the document icon will open the document. A sample 504 plan is included with this knowledgebase article.