How to set up and use scoring rubrics in the Synergy grade book.
Updated: March, 2019
Removed statement that drop box has to be enabled for an assignment as this is no longer a requirement.
The Synergy grade book allows you to set up rubrics and use those rubrics when scoring assignments. The grade book will determine the overall assignment grade based on the rubric scores you select.
1. Go to Grade Book --> Grade Book Setup and click on the Scoring Rubrics button.
2. Click on the +New button. Fill out your criteria, description and score values. Use the "New Rating" and "New Criteria" buttons as needed to complete your rubric.
3. Click Save when done. You will be taken back to the scoring rubrics screen and will see your new rubric. Click anywhere on your rubric to return to edit mode if you need to make changes.
1. On the new assignment screen, complete the usual assignment details, and then select your scoring rubric from the "Rubric" pulldown menu.
2. Optional: Enable the assignment drop box and adjust the details as desired.
3. Save your assignment. If you enabled drop-box, back on your main grade book screen you will see a new drop box icon. The small "3" indicates that there are 3 documents turned in for this assignment. Note: this is a count of documents, not students who have turned in documents.
1. Student logs in to StudentVUE
2. Student opens grade book, your class, and then the assignment.
3. On the assignment screen they will see a new "Digital Drop Box" area listing any documents they have already turned in for this assignment and the date range when uploads will be accepted.
4. Student will select the source of the document and click the "Open" button to locate and upload the document.. Currently, only "my computer" is supported, but Google Drive support will eventually be added.
1. On the main grade book screen, click on the assignment name and select "Assignment Drop Box Grader" from the menu that appears.
2. If students have used the drop box to upload their work, it will be displayed on the left side of the drop box grader screen along with a set of annotation tools.. Mousing over the different rubric score areas will show the full text of the description. As you click on rubric scores, the assignment score will dynamically update. You can use the "score" pulldown menu to manually override the calculated score if desired.
Letter grade assignment score calculated from the writing rubric scores.
Click here for an explanation of this calculation
Rubric assignment score calculated from the writing rubric scores.
3. Click "Save and go to Next Ungraded" to continue grading remaining students