This article explains the state of Mac imaging in 2016-17 school year. Please check back often as we move to modular imaging and 1:1 student device.
With macOS High Sierra and above, we have two "imaging" options.
DEP enrollment - for all macOS computers purchased in 2018 and after (teaching staff MacBook Air and MacBook Pro refresh, and new iMac computer labs)
JAMF Imaging - for shared MacBook Air 13', MacBook Air 11' with 4GB memory, and older iMac 2010
TTOA Imaging (hidden) - for MacBook Air 11' with 2GB memory
This option is to image shared MacBook Air 13', MacBook Air 11' with 4GB memory, and older iMac 2010
1. Plug in an Ethernet cable (Note: USB and Thunderbolt ethernet adapter requires correct firmware so double-check if you image a MacBook Air)
2. Press Option key on the keyboard
3. Choose JAMF Imaging option
4. Log in with the generic imaging credential.
5. Launch JAMF Imaging app in the Applications folder
6. Select correct options for your imaging:
NOTE: The total MAXIMUM characters is 15 because of AD binding
7. Click Image to start the imaging process.
The imaging process will have 3 stages: