Tyler Content Manager (TCM) Setup Instructions
Created on 08/02/2017
Modified on 05/18/2018
TCM is used to manage documents in TTSD's business, finance and HR system (Infinite Visions) and is also the districts document management system for storing electronic documents (such as contracts and student permanent records).
- Install Java version 8 Update 161.
- Using Chrome (NOT Firefox or Safari) Go to Employee Portal to find TCM link under Quick Links. Or bookmark this site: https://tcm.ttsd.k12.or.us/tigard-tylercm
- Download "Tigard-Tualatin School District, OR - TCM LIVE.jnlp"
- When prompted:
- “Tigard-Tualatin School District, OR - TCM LIVE.jnlp” is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?
- Click "Open"
- When prompted:
- "Do you want to run this application?"
- Click the checkbox: "Do not show this again for apps from the publisher and location above"
- Click "Run"
- Navigate to: Macintosh HD --> Users --> <username> --> empirecache --> https__tcm...and_tylercm...
- Drag "LaunchLocation.jnlp" to the user's dock.
- Launch TCM from "LaunchLocation.jnlp" icon on dock from this point forward to log into TCM.
- Download Java (if necessary) - Version 8 Update 171
- Follow the Prompts
- Yes to install (from downloads, lower left of window)
- Setup Complete --- Close.
- Open Chrome (NOT Firefox) and go to http://portal.ttsd.k12.or.us (Employee Portal)
- Find TCM under Quick Links
- Click link in Launch "Tigard-Tualatin School District, OR - TCM LIVE"
- Say "Keep" when warned about the potentially harmful file.
- Open downloaded Tigard-Tualatin School District, OR - TCM LIVE.jnlp file
- Security warning: "Do you wan to continue..." Click "Continue"
- Do you want to run this application?
- Click "Do not show this message again for the publisher and location above" box.
- Click "RUN"
- If not already logged into Infinite Visions, login with your Used ID (eg dengstrom) and the password you were provided. Call x4051 for password assistance.