Install NetSpective SSL certificate manually in Firefox
Created on 08/14/2017
Modified on 08/26/2019
How to install a root certificate in Firefox.
- Open Firefox.
- Type about:config in the address bar.
- You will get the message that "This might void your warranty!" Click the I accept the risk! button.
- Search for security.enterprise_roots.enabled. Double-click the result to change the Value to true.
- Download the NetSpective CA Certificate at the bottom of this article. It should go to your Downloads folder with a name of cacertificate.crt.
- In the Firefox menu, click Preferences...
- In the left column, click Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to the Certificates session at the bottom.
- Click the View Certificates button.
- Click the Authorities tab.
- Click the Import... button.
- Find the cacertificate.crt that you downloaded previously and double-click it.
- In the new window that pops up, check Trust this CA to identify websites. Click OK.
- You can verify success by scrolling down the certificates to Tigard-Tualatin SD. You will see netty.ttsd.k12.or.us.
Note: If you experience any trouble connecting after installing the certificate, follow the Windows instructions above. It seems newer versions of Firefox on the Mac require that change as well.