Teachers report an issue with MacBook Air and MacBook Pro battery being drained way too quick. This KB shows the various steps to identify the CPU usage hog and remove Google Chrome if necessary.
Watch the battery percent. If it goes down 2% within 5 minutes, the battery is draining too quick
Check Activity Monitor app in the Utilities folder to identify the process(es) that has high % CPU (80% or above)
1. Quit Google Chrome
2. From the Finder's "Go" menu, select "Go to Folder..."
3. Enter ~/Library/Application Support/Google in the sheet that appears and click "Go"
4. Delete the Chrome folder by dragging it to the trash.
5. Repeat step 2, but this time enter ~/Library/Preferences and delete com.google.Chrome.plist by dragging it to the trash.
6. Delete Google Chrome from the Applications folder by dragging it to the trash.