How to attach and score standards in your Synergy grade book. How to view students' overall scores for those standards.
Report card marks are calculated from standards scores not assignment scores in the grade book. In addition to entering standards scores, you may want to enter assignment scores so you can track this information, but assignment scores are optional.
1. Select "New Assignment from the grade book menu and fill out the basic assignment information:
If you choose to enter assignment scores, select the score type you want to use. Score type cannot be changed after you have entered scores. The "points" field is used at the secondary level to give some assignments more weight than others. Enter "1" here.
2. Select the "Standards Correlations" tab. Here, you will see all of the class standards you brought in to your class when you set up standards mode.
3. Click once on a standard to attach it to your assignment. If you made a mistake, a second click will de-select the standard.
4. Optional: If the assignment takes place in Quarter 1 and you want it included in the Quarter 2 report card, click on the "Grading Periods" tab and select the Quarter 2 checkbox.
As pictured above, this assignment is associated with both quarter 1 and quarter 2 and will be included
in the calculation for the quarter 2 report card.
5. Save your assignment.
1. On your main grade book screen, click on the assignment name (if you are in standards view, switch back to assignment view first) and select "enter scores" from the menu that appears.
2. On the enter scores screen, click the small > icon to view and score the standards that are attached to the assignment.
3. Elementary standards are scored on a 1-4 rubric. Enter the individual standards scores for the assignment.
Standards, with the exception of the "Successful Learner" set, are all scored on a 1-4 rubric. The table below shows the percentage ranges that have been historically used to calculate a 1-4 mark from the grade book to the report card.
4. Save your scores.
1. On your main grade book screen, make sure you are in "Standards" mode.
2. By default, you will see the overall standard scores for all standards that you have attached to assignment. You can click on the > next to the standard code to view the individual standard scores that generated the overall score.
Main grade book screen in standards mode.
3. If you enter a score in the overall standard score area, this will override any calculated score. After saving, the cell will highlight in green, indicating it is a manually entered score. To restore the calculated score, simply delete your manually entered score.
Green cells indicate a manually entered overall score.
1. On your main grade book screen, make sure you are in "Assignment" mode.
2. Click on a cell to enter an assignment score for that student. Scores will be red until you save. Note the "Mi" comment code for the student with the missing assignment. You can show or hide comments codes from the Filters & Options area. The yellow highlighting shows the current assignment & student.
3. Save your scores.