How subs can log in to TeacherVUE, retrieve sub plans if present and take attendance.
This functionality allows short-term (less than 20 days) substitute teachers the ability to log into TeacherVUE and take attendance so that paper lists do not need to be printed and so that office staff does not have to enter the attendance for the substitute. Not all schools use Synergy's sub login feature.
You will receive a "substitute teacher slip" when you check in with the school's front office. This slip will show your teacher assignment as well as your login password.
Teachers may or may not choose to leave sub notes for you through TeacherVUE/Synergy. If they do, you will see a small floating window on the right side of your screen that slowly pulses yellow.
1. Mouse over the "Attendance" button and select "Chart."
2. Click once on a student picture to mark that student absent. Click a second time to mark them tardy. A third click will clear your marks.
3. Click the green "Save" button when done.
1. Mouse over the "Attendance" button and select "List." Cells filled with N/A indicate a non-attendance day. This could be a holiday or a reflection of an A/B schedule at the secondary level. Elementary Teachers: click the "Both" radio button so you can take both AM & PM attendance at the same time. Tip: Mark PM attendance first so the green down arrow doesn't get in the way.
2. Click inside the cell to mark attendance. Click once in the cell to mark that student absent. Click a second time to mark them tardy. A third click will clear your marks. As you mark attendance, student names will appear on the right side of your screen in the "Reason Types" area. After submitting attendance this will change to a summary.
Elementary teachers, remember to mark both AM and PM attendance information.
4. Clicking the green "Save" button will save your attendance and keep you on the attendance screen. Clicking the green "Save & Return" button will save your attendance and return you to your seating chart.