“Invite” a Phone Number When You Host a Google Meet
Last modified on 10/29/2020
Rather than scheduling a meeting in the future, the following guidance will allow TTSD staff to initiate a Google Meet video call or protected phone call.
- Visit: https://meet.google.com/
- Click "Join or Start a Meeting"
- Leave the code BLANK. Click "Continue"
- Click "Join Now" (allow microphone and camera, if prompted)
To CALL parents using this unique 10-digit phone number from your Google Meet session:
- In the upper right corner, click the Person icon
- Click "Add People"
- Click the "Call" tab at the top of the new window.
- Enter the parent's phone number.
- Click the Phone icon to call.
- Parent will be able to join the call via phone (no video...no need to keep your video on)
Inviting a participant by phone.
To invite others to join the VIDEO call:
- Click the "Copy joining info"
- Send this link to your recipients through email.
- When recipients click the link, you (the host) will need to "accept" them into the Meet.